District Park Clubhouse Feasibility Study Completed
GBAS has completed their feasibility study of a new multipurpose clubhouse building on the current North Manly Bowls Club site.
The objectives of the report included:
- Determining what is possible to provide on the site given planning and environmental considerations;
- Identifying potential use and users including the requirements of the Warringah Golf Club and North Manly Bowling and Recreation Club;
- Determining the potential service and facility mix of a proposed new facility that would meet the identified needs;
- Determining the financial viability of the operations of the proposed facility; and
- Investigating potential provision and management options including the financial and structural impediments, requirements and the benefits to Park users and Council.
A Working Group was established to support the preparation of this Feasibility Study by external consultants. The Working Group met on two occasions and included representatives of stakeholder groups including:
- Warringah Golf Club
- Calabria Club
- North Manly Bowling Club
- Christian Brothers Junior Rugby League Football Club
- Manly Small Bore Rifle Club
- Warringah Recreation Centre
Consultation has concluded