Revised Sportsground Fees
Council resolved the following at the meeting on 23 August 2016.
- Council place the revised Northern Beaches seasonal sportsground user fees, which have been equalised across the LGA to be $12.40 for junior players and $16.70 for senior players, on public exhibition for a period of 28 days.
Make a submission
- Online submission
- In writing marked ‘Revised Sportsground Fees’ to Northern Beaches Council, Civic Centre, 725 Pittwater Road, Dee Why NSW 2099.
Submissions closed 30 September 2016 at 5pm.
For further information contact Recreation Management Manager, Damian Ham on 9942 2972.
Prior to the formation of the Northern Beaches Council the 150 sporting grounds and facilities of the Northern Beaches were managed in varying ways by the former Councils. A focus since the formation of the new Council in May 2016 has been to improve services to the community by putting in place a single approach to the management and long term planning of sporting facilities. Local sports groups, including the Manly Warringah Pittwater Sporting Union (MWPSU), have approached Council about cooperative relationships and a coordinated approach to planning and management of sports facilities. Priorities have included a single process for sportsground allocation, a single seasonal sportsground fee and long term sports facility planning.
Council in conjunction with Clubs, Associations and the MWPSU has already:
- Implemented a single process for sportsground allocations in June 2016 for the summer sports season 2016/17.
- Begun work on a long term sports facility plan. This plan will guide development of sportsgrounds and facilities on the Northern Beaches and will be established in partnership with local sports, the Sporting Union and our community.
- Reviewed the seasonal sportsground fees of the three former Councils and is proposing a single equalised fee of $12.40 for junior players and $16.70 for senior players for the 2016/17 summer and 2017 winter sports seasons.
All Fees and Charges Exhibitions for 16-17 are completed.