Policy adopted as amended
At a meeting on 26 November 2019, Council resolved to -
- adopt the Community Service Awards Policy.
- rescind the following:
- Former Pittwater Council – Recognition of Community Service – Awards
- Former Warringah Council – Awards Policy
- Councillors are unable to submit nomination/s for the awards.
- the Mayor and Councillors shall not participate on the judging panel.
- the panel consists of five community members.
Report to Council
There is a report going to Council on Tuesday 26 November recommending that the Community Service Awards Policy be adopted.
The Council Meeting will be held at 6pm at the Dee Why Civic Centre.
If you would like to address Council, please complete the form on our website.
The purpose of the draft Community Service Awards Policy is to recognise the outstanding contributions of the Northern Beaches’ residents and volunteers by publicly acknowledging and thanking them in a spirit of community pride.
The draft Policy includes
- Australia Day Citizen of the Year Awards (5 awards)
- Outstanding Community Service Awards (15 awards)
All nominees must be residents of, or events held within, the Northern Beaches Local Government Area, with the exception of the Outstanding Community Service awards whereby one non-resident may be awarded.
Recipients are objectively selected by a Selection Panel on merit and against the Award criteria.
The Australia Day Awards are announced and presented at or around the timing of the Northern Beaches Australia Day celebrations on 26 January each year.
Have your say
Public exhibition of the draft Community Service Awards Policy was endorsed at a council meeting on 24 September. The engagement period will run from Saturday 28 September to Sunday 27 October 2019.
How to have your say
- Complete the submission form (closed)
- In writing to the CEO, Northern Beaches Council, PO Box 82, Manly NSW 1655, marked 'Submission - draft Community Service Awards Policy'
Submissions closed Sunday 27 October 2019