Report to Council
There is a report going to Council on Tuesday 25 February 2020 recommending the adoption of the Cultural Policy.
The meeting will be held in the Dee Why Council Chambers
- 1 Civic Drive, Dee Why from 6pm.
If you would like to address Council, please complete the request to speak - public address form.
The Cultural Policy (draft) states our commitment to foster the unique culture of the Northern Beaches.
In short, Council commits to:
- Ensure Aboriginal heritage and areas of cultural significance are preserved and celebrated
- Support local creativity
- Celebrate diversity in all forms
- Foster our community’s innate creativity, imagination and connection to place
- Recognise that local creative industries are essential to cultural vitality
- Enable established and emerging creatives through places and spaces, partnerships, programs and services
- Support the growth of Northern Beaches as a destination for arts, culture and creativity.
Once adopted the policy will be implemented through key Council documents, principally the Arts and Creativity Strategy - Connected through Creativity 2029 that provides a framework for embedding creativity and expanding arts and culture across the Northern Beaches over the next decade.
At its meeting on Tuesday 22 October, Council resolved to place the Cultural Policy (draft) on public exhibition for a minimum of 28 days.
- Council Report, Item 10.3, Public Exhibition of Cultural Policy (draft)
- Cultural Policy (draft)
- Council minutes, Item 10.3, pg. 14 Tuesday 22 October 2019
Submissions closed Thursday 28 November 2019