Council, with the approval of the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS), will restrict/limit the use of vehicles on Scotland Island to those vehicles with a Scotland Island vehicle permit issued by Northern Beaches Council.
This proposal was developed in response to serious safety concerns raised by the community on Scotland Island.
The aim of the permit scheme is to:
- improve safety for pedestrians and motorists
- address issues of illegal behaviour and to
- manage the number of vehicles on the island
Two types of permits will be issued:
- Vehicle use on Scotland Island Only - Scotland Island Access Permit – Resident Vehicle.
- Vehicle providing service on Scotland Island – Temporary Access Permit – Service Vehicle.
|Scotland Island Access Permit – Resident Vehicle||$25 per year||No||$10|
|Scotland Island Access Permit – Permitted Service Vehicle||$10 per day||No||$10|
*Registered post through Australia Post
Following the exhibition period and subject to the adoption by Council at the February 2020 Council Meeting, fees will apply to all Scotland Island Permits and Scotland Island Service Vehicle Permits.
Have your say
At a meeting on 17 December 2019, Council endorsed the exhibition of fees and charges for the Scotland Island Access Permits.
Make a submission:
- Complete the submission form (closed)
- In writing to the CEO, Northern Beaches Council, PO Box 82, Manly NSW 1655, marked 'Submission – Fees Scotland Island Permits'.
Submissions closed Wednesday 12 February 2020