Read the draft
Northern Beaches Council committed to becoming a Child Safe Organisation.
To achieve this, we need to adopt preventative and responsive systems, policies and practices to safeguard children and young people (those aged under 18 years) from harm and abuse.
The draft Child Safeguarding Policy provides a set of overarching practices aligned to the Child Safe Standards that demonstrates Council’s commitment to child safety.
The policy will ensure Council:
- is committed to providing and actively promoting a safe environment for children and young people.
- has zero tolerance towards child abuse, and is committed to protecting the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of all children and young people.
- has policies and systems to protect children and young people. All allegations and safety concerns will be treated seriously.
- acknowledges that protecting the safety of children and young people is a whole of community responsibility and is everyone’s business.
The draft policy will apply to all workers of Northern Beaches Council including Councillors, employees, trainees, work experience and internships, volunteers, agents, consultants, contractors and employees of contractors irrespective of whether or not they have direct contact with children and young people.
We are currently seeking feedback on the draft Child Safeguarding Policy. You can comment on this draft by:
- filling out the submission form below
- emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us 'Child Safeguarding Policy' Northern Beaches Council, PO Box 82, Manly NSW 1655.
|Name||Alison Pittorino, Children Services|
|Phone||1300 434 434|