Traffic Committee approved
Jun 2020: Local Traffic Committee approval
At its meeting on Tuesday 2 June, the Local Traffic Committee approved the load limit changes for Frenchs Forest.
View the Local Traffic Committee
Report, item 4.15, pg 67
Minutes, item 4.15 pg 12
Signs will now be installed along Ellis Avenue and Oxford
Falls Road, Beacon Hill to implement the restriction.
Apr 2020 Comments closed and under review
Thank you to those who made a submission on this proposal.
The feedback is being reviewed and considered.
Determination on this proposal will be made at the Local Traffic Committee meeting being held on Tuesday 2 June, 2020.
Once available the Local Traffic Committee agenda (including engagement summary) will be available on this page.
In response to community concerns regarding heavy vehicle usage on Ellis Road and Oxford Falls Road, Frenchs Forest, and because the section at Allambie Road and Frenchs Forest Road East has recently been upgraded to accommodate additional population and traffic for the Northern Beaches Hospital, we have reviewed the traffic patterns in this area and propose a change to the load limit on:
- Ellis Road
- Oxford Falls Road
- Allambie Road
- Frenchs Forest Road East.
Currently, there is a restriction for heavy vehicles on Ellis Road and Oxford Falls Road, however, heavy vehicles heading to Meatworks Avenue are exempt.
To address the issues raised by local residents and accommodate the required traffic movement we propose to:
- ban all heavy vehicle traffic (3 tonne +) through Ellis Road and Oxford Falls Road
- lift the current restriction (3 tonnes) for heavy traffic from Allambie Road (between Warringah Road and Frenchs Forest Road East) and Frenchs Forest Road East (view the detour plan).
For more information contact Council's Traffic Engineer, Anwar Subel on 1300 434 434.
Comment form - closed
- Which section of the Roads Act does this change apply?
- When will the proposal be presented to the Northern Beaches Traffic Committee?
- If approved, when would the load limit changes be implemented?
- What about vehicle safety on the impacted Allambie Road and Frenchs Forest Road East?
- If approved, who will enforce the changes?