Amenities set for upgrade
We're improving public amenities at Mona Vale Beach:
- upgrading the existing beach amenities adjacent to the pool (see below)
- constructing new amenities in Apex Park (exhibiting soon)
This follows a recent Council resolution to provide improved amenities at Mona Vale Beach and Apex Park.
Comments now closed on concept for amenities and lifeguard storage.
The project team will review and consider feedback prior to finalising the designs.
Current: beach amenities
The concept plans are on exhibition for comment until Sunday 29 September.
- online via the comment form below
- in writing PO Box 82, Manly 1655
The amenities at Mona Vale beach, adjacent to the pool are being upgraded.
The upgrade follows a recent Council resolution to provide improved amenities at Mona Vale Beach and Apex Park.
A concept for exhibition purposes has been designed and comments are now invited.
The proposed concept includes:
- additional Lifeguard storage
- four showers (minimum) for each male and female
- four toilets (minimum) for each male and female
- unisex accessible shower and toilet
- Lifeguard room
- sustainable water and energy efficient design
At the Council meeting on Tuesday 25 June, Council endorsed the Delivery Program 2019-2023, that provides funding for two new external public amenities buildings as part of the Mona Vale Surf Life Saving renewal project.
The two new amenity buildings will be separate to the Mona Vale Surf Life Saving building. The new buildings will be located:
1. on the site of the existing public amenities building to the north of the Mona Vale Surf Life Saving Club. This will include improved facilities and additional space for Council lifeguard storage.
2. within Apex Park (across the road from the surf club). This new building will include amenities and family change facilities.
This decision to provide public amenities in separate buildings changes the original scope of the Mona Vale Surf Life Saving Club building design. As a result, Council will be required to lodge a modification to the Development Consent.
Please view the concept plans and provide your comments in relation to the proposed concept design.
Timeline item 1
Aug-Sep 2019 Concept design exhibition
Timeline item 2
Sep 2019 Review community feedback
Timeline item 3
Oct 2019 Finalise design
Timeline item 4
Oct-Nov 2019 Tender application and evaluation
Timeline item 5
Jan 2020 Construction commences