Have your say on the concept plan
Timeline item 1
Stage 1 engagement: Community ideas
Timeline item 2
Stage 2 engagement: Comment on concept plan
Timeline item 3
Playground installation commences
Timeline item 4
Playground complete - Lets play!
Do you like the proposed new playground?
Two ways to have your say:
- Complete the comment form below.
- Write to us at Northern Beaches Council, PO Box 82, Manly NSW 1655, marked 'Birdwood Playground Renewal'
Comments close Sunday 16 February 2020
What we've heard so far
We received 109 comments during the first stage of engagement. Comments included:
- requests for play equipment suited for a mix of young and older kids
- nature-based design and materials
- shade over the playground.
Following your feedback, we have selected a playground design that incorporates activities and equipment that you asked for and that compliments the local area.
As part of our Playground Renewal Program, we are proposing to replace the existing playground equipment at Birdwood Park, adjacent to the North Narrabeen Surf Life Saving Club.
The new playground will be within the existing footprint and will include new equipment, softfall, furniture, fence and the addition of some landscaping.
Council has an approved budget in 2019/20 to develop a concept plan and to renew the playground.
Not included in this project:
- shade structure
- amenities building upgrade
- reserve upgrade
- carpark upgrade
Asset Management Officer
Parks and Recreation team
1300 434 434