What's happening now?
Comments on the draft landscape improvement plans are now closed and we are reviewing feedback.
A community engagement report will be drafted and available on this page when complete. The report will note the outcomes of engagement, any proposed changes to the plans and next steps.
Please +Follow this project to stay up to date.
Catherine Park is a treasured and important community open space with an idyllic north facing protected aspect and flat grassed open space overlooking Pittwater.
The park is a unique site which is highly valued for its environmental, social, and scenic qualities by local residents, day visitors and tourists. It offers a diverse range of active and passive recreation and community activities.
We have been working closely with key internal and external stakeholders, and Scotland Island Residents Association (SIRA), to prepare a draft landscape improvements plan that considers all issues and recommendations raised.
Our aim is to enhance the park’s function and amenity whilst maintaining the open space landscape character by:
- improving the amenity and management of existing facilities
- improving the arrival experience to Catherine Park
- managing vehicles (buggies) to improve pedestrian access & safety
- managing water craft storage and improving access to water
- improving pedestrian connections to the park and between existing community buildings to provide a more cohesive outdoor community space
- enhancing existing foreshore and open grassed areas to cater for a range of recreational activities and community events
- investigating and implementing appropriate treatments to address drainage issues in the park
Your feedback will help us understand what is important to the park's users. View the draft concept plans below and have your say by:
- completing the comment form below
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us marked ‘Catherine Park, Scotland Island - Draft Landscape Improvements Plan’, Northern Beaches Council, PO Box 82 Manly NSW 1655.
All comments will be treated as public documents and made available on request.
Engagement to date
We held two drop-in sessions on Scotland Island so that the community could come and talk to the project team and hear more about the proposed landscape improvements.
We were on site on Sunday 27 November for a morning session and Thursday 1 December for an afternoon session.
If you didn't get a chance to come and talk to us, it's not too late to contribute your feedback on the draft plans. Use the comment form below or send us your ideas in writing or by email.
Facilities around Catherine Park
Frequently asked questions
Have an enquiry?
|Name||Kathryn Hills, Landscape Architect, Park Assets - Planning, Design & Delivery|
|Phone||1300 434 434|
'Catherine Park, Scotland Island - Draft Landscape Improvements Plan', Northern Beaches Council, PO Box 82, Manly NSW 1655.