At a meeting on 26 February 2019, Council resolved to submit the Planning Proposal (Mermaid Pool) Manly Creek Riparian Lands to DPIE for a Gateway Determination to rezone four parcels of land in the vicinity of Mermaid Pool, Manly Vale, from Low Density Residential to Public Recreation.
It was also resolved to "prepare and exhibit consequential amendments to Warringah DCP 2011 to remove residential development controls, including setbacks and minimum landscaped area controls, from these lands".
At least one of the land parcels subject to this Planning Proposal is identified in the following DCP maps either wholly or partially:
- DCP wall height
- Side Boundary Envelopes
- Side Boundary Setbacks
- Front Boundary Setback
- Rear Boundary Setbacks
- Landscaped Open Space and Bushland Setting
- Land Adjoining Public Open Space
In accordance with the above Council resolution, it is proposed to remove all references to subject land parcels from the DCP maps.
Have your say - submissions now closed
If you would like to comment on the proposed amendments to Warringah DCP associated with the Mermaid Pool Planning Proposal
- complete the submission form (closed).
- write to us - marked ‘Mermaid Pool – DCP Amendments PEX2018/0008' to Northern Beaches Council PO Box 82, Manly NSW 1655.
Submissions closed Sunday 22 December 2019.
We exhibited a Planning Proposal to rezone four parcels of land in the vicinity of ‘Mermaid Pool’ from Low Density Residential (R2) to Public Recreation (RE1):
- Lot 7370 DP1165551 being land adjoining 102 King Street, Manly Vale.
- Lot 7369 DP1165551 Wandella Road, Allambie, south of Jenna Close.
- Lot 7371 DP1165577 located to the rear of properties south of Blamey St and Bate Avenue, Allambie.
- Part unmade road at the southern end of Wandella Road, King Street, Manly Vale and east of the Manly Water Laboratory (Research Station).
The Planning Proposal also proposes to remove development standards for height and minimum lot size for subdivision for this land given that residential development will no longer be permitted. Council’s Local Planning Panel supported the progression of the draft Planning Proposal to a Gateway Determination at its ordinary council meeting on 26 February 2019.
The Planning Proposal (PEX2018/0008) was on exhibition from Saturday 19 October until Sunday 1 December 2019. View the project page for further details.