Thank you for your feedback
Concept plan being revised
Project update - Feb 2021
Last year we invited the community to comment on the proposal to upgrade Miller Reserve.
We received 730 contributions. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback.
We are continuing to work on the concept design and hope to take it back to Council later this year.
The proposed concept designs were developed in consultation with key stakeholders, including sporting groups and technical experts. The upgrade aims to improve use, accessibility and connectivity, and includes:
- new synthetic playing fields to allow for extended use, particularly in wet weather
- four new cricket nets and two pitches
- formalised parking
- bike racks and directional signage to encourage active travel
- fitness equipment
- a shelter
- relocation of the graffiti wall
- a new footpath around the oval
- stormwater and environmental improvements
- landscaping and tree planting
- future upgrade to existing amenities building, including storage facilities and additional change rooms.
The Sportsground Strategy identified that converting some of our existing sport fields to a more consistent synthetic surface was key to addressing growth in sporting needs on the Northern Beaches. It allows more people to access the health and well-being benefits of sport and was preferred over purchasing and clearing new land.
We are continuing to work with specialists to help mitigate flood risk and ensure water runoff does not exceed the current flow rates into Manly Creek.