Thank you for your feedback
Miller Reserve, Manly Vale is getting an upgrade and we’re keen to hear your thoughts on our proposal. The proposed concept designs were developed in consultation with key stakeholders, including sporting groups and technical experts. The upgrade aims to improve use, accessibility and connectivity, and includes:
- new synthetic playing fields to allow for extended use, particularly in wet weather
- four new cricket nets and two pitches
- formalised parking
- bike racks and directional signage to encourage active travel
- fitness equipment
- a shelter
- relocation of the graffiti wall
- a new footpath around the oval
- stormwater and environmental improvements
- landscaping and tree planting
- future upgrade to existing amenities building, including storage facilities and additional change rooms.
The Sportsground Strategy identified that converting some of our existing sport fields to a more consistent synthetic surface was key to addressing growth in sporting needs on the Northern Beaches. It allows more people to access the health and well-being benefits of sport and was preferred over purchasing and clearing new land.
We are continuing to work with specialists to help mitigate flood risk and ensure water runoff does not exceed the current flow rates into Manly Creek.
Learn more and have your say
1. View the proposal and read the FAQs
View the proposed concept design, site analysis and sports layouts in the image slider below. Alternatively, you can download these in the document library. For further information, you can read the frequently asked questions (FAQs).
2. Tell us what you think
Fill in the comment form below. You can let us know what you like about the design and if you have any suggestions.
Comments closed Sunday 28 June 2020.