What we did
Mona Vale is a Strategic Centre and car parking is in high demand every day of the week.
The Village Park carpark, on the corner of Park Street and Pittwater Road, has been upgraded to provide more parking options for the community, whilst retaining the same number of car parking spaces.
The improvements include:
- changing ten of the 14 dedicated permit spaces to parking for the community, increasing the number of general parking spaces on Monday to Friday
- provision of 2P and 3P parking options everyday between 7am and 7pm
- provision of seven dedicated motorcycle spaces without the loss of any car parking spaces
- repainting the parking lines to make the bays clearer
Four of the 14 dedicated parking permit spaces have been retained for Council vehicles that require parking in the carpark for business operation purposes.
For the immediate future the two proposed electric vehicle (EV) spaces will remain as public car spaces. A separate community engagement will be undertaken in the future to consider these spaces.
The key themes that emerged from the consultation between 6 November and 3 December 2020 included:
- change in time restrictions
- future electric vehicle parking/charging spaces
- motorbike versus accessible spaces.
Generally, the removal of the Council staff parking and increasing the number of general use spaces was considered a positive change.
In response to feedback about having 2 hour (2P) parking everyday from 7am to 7pm, Council amended the proposed plan to have 2 hour (2P) parking in the centre spaces and 3 hour (3P) along the edges of the carpark.
There were mixed feelings about the future electric vehicle (EV) parking/charging stations. Some respondents felt that all parking spots should be for general use, while a few comments were supportive of being environmentally conscious, stating it would encourage EV purchases in the future.
For the immediate future the proposed EV spaces will remain as public car spaces.
Original draft carpark plan exhibited
Have an enquiry?
Contact us below:
|Name||Michelle Carter, Acting Manager Transport Network Team|
|Phone||1300 434 434 (during business hours)|