Feb 2021 - Construction update
Construction works on the new outdoor youth space will commence 22 March 2021 and should be completed within four to six weeks (depending on the weather).
During construction, access through the carpark area onto the reserve will be limited to pedestrian access only.
Dec 2020 - Check out the revised plan
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on this project. We have revised the concept plan based on community and stakeholder feedback. This includes:
- reorienting the basketball court
- reviewing the plan to address the need for emergency access at the site
- reviewing the material palette choice to blend with the heritage elements of the surf club.
You can also view the community engagement report.
Construction is expected to begin in February 2021.
Mar 2020 - Preliminary feedback
Thank you to those who provided feedback on this concept.
Community feedback on this proposal was generally supportive. Preliminary analysis indicates the following emerging themes:
- alternative location
- natural materials
- anti-social behaviour
- impact to the surf life saving club
- other elements not included in the design (i.e. lighting, netball court, table tennis table).
An engagement report is being finalised and will be available shortly.
Dec 2019 - Check out the proposed concept
We are looking at an opportunity to modify a part of the Newport Beach car park (adjacent to the Newport Surf Life Saving Club) to potentially provide a new outdoor space for our youth.
The interactive concept plan shows the proposed features.