Request for Rezoning Review
Following Council’s resolution on 17 December 2019 to not progress the Planning Proposal, the applicant made a request to the State Government for a Rezoning Review
The request will be considered by the Sydney North Planning Panel. Council’s independent consultant will prepare a formal submission for consideration by the Panel.
Details of the rezoning review can be found on the State Government’s webpage.
A report regarding the Planning Proposal was reported to Council at its meeting on Tuesday 17 December 2019 at the Civic Centre in Dee Why.
At this meeting, Council resolved not to progress the Planning Proposal for 6 Jacksons Road and 10 and 12 Boondah Road, Warriewood (PEX2019/0003) to Gateway for determination.
The Planning Proposal has been assessed and will be reported to the Northern Beaches Local Planning Panel at its meeting on 9 November 2019.
Panel meetings are held at the Council Chambers, Civic Centre, 1 Civic Drive, Dee Why at 1.00pm. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
Planning Proposals are referred to the Panel for advice. The Panel advise the Council, who then make a decision on the Planning Proposal at a subsequent Council meeting.
We received a Planning Proposal to amend Pittwater Local Environmental Plan 2014 for land at 10-12 Boondah Rd and 6 Jacksons Rd, Warriewood.
The Planning Proposal seeks to:
- rezone the land from RU2 Rural Landscape to R3 Medium Density Residential and RE1 Public Recreation
- amend the Height of Buildings Map to increase the maximum building height to 15m
- amend the Lot Size Map to remove the minimum lot size of 1ha
- amend clause 6.1(3) and the Urban Release Area Map to facilitate a dwelling yield of approximately 120 dwellings.
The Planning Proposal is intended to facilitate the development of four-storey residential flat buildings on the land at 10-12 Boondah Rd, and the dedication of land at 6 Jacksons Rd to Council as open space and development of sports fields to augment the existing adjacent Boondah sports fields.
The applicant has made an offer to enter into a voluntary planning agreement with Council to contribute to the delivery of new playing fields.
In accordance with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Council is assessing the proposal to determine whether there is merit to proceed with the Planning Proposal.
View Supporting studies and background information:
- Offer to enter Voluntary Planning Agreement
- Consistency Against Relevant SEPPs
- Consistency Against Ministerial Directions
- Urban Design Report (Masterplan)
- Traffic Impact Assessment
- Flood Planning Assessment
- Biodiversity Assessment Report
- Bushfire Protection Assessment Report
- Geotechnical & Groundwater Considerations
Timeline item 1 - complete
Public Exhibition 14 to 29 September 2019
Timeline item 2 - complete
Planning Proposal assessed by Council staff/third party consultancy
Timeline item 3 - complete
Planning Proposal reported to the Local Planning Panel for advice
Timeline item 4 - complete
Planning Proposal reported to Council 17 Dec 2019 - resolved not to proceed with proposal
Timeline item 5 - active