Sat 20 Jul, 12-2pm, Careel Creek (eastern side) near skate park.
We're proposing to amend the Ocean Beaches Plan of Management to facilitate the installation of netball courts at Avalon Beach Reserve.
The Northern Beaches Sportsground Strategy, adopted in 2017, identified a critical shortfall in sportsfields on the Northern Beaches and specifically identified the need for additional hardcourts to service the needs of netball users in the northern end of the Pittwater Ward.
Council proposes to address the shortage of sportsfields by installing four hardcourts at Avalon Beach Reserve; on the grass area between Barrenjoey Road, the dunes in Avalon Beach Reserve and the fenced off-leash dog area to the north.
To facilitate the construction of these courts the Local Government Act 1993 requires Council to amend the Ocean Beaches generic Plan of Management to re-categorise the land from Park to Sportsground.
Open for comment
At a meeting on 28 May 2019, Council resolved to place the draft amendments to the Ocean Beaches Plan of Management (Avalon Beach chapter) and concept plans on exhibition to facilitate the installation of netball courts at Avalon Beach Reserve, Avalon Beach.
- View Council Report (Item 13.3) - 28 May 2019
- View Council Minutes - page 10
- View Avalon Beach Draft Plan of Management
Key features of the concept plan include -
- four hardcourt netball courts with a green surface
- a half-court basketball court
- a bridge across Careel Creek to connect the two sets of courts and
- lighting to Australian Standards.
How to have your say
1. Attend a Public Hearing - Avalon Recreation Centre, Wednesday 26 June, 6.30-7.30pm
2. Drop-in eastern side of Careel Creek, near skatepark - Saturday 20 July, 12-2pm
3. Make a submission
- complete form below
- in writing - marked 'Ocean Beaches Plan of Management' to Northern Beaches Council PO Box 82, Manly NSW 1655
Submissions close Sunday 11 August