Promoting COVID safety this summer
We have released a plan to maximise public safety and reduce the spread of COVID-19 in public places during the coming summer.
The COVID-19 Summer Action Plan for Outdoor Public Spaces supports NSW Public Health Orders and recommendations and provides a framework for how Council will work with NSW Police, Surf Lifesaving and other authorities.
The plan details the proactive measures we will implement which includes:
- establishing a Beach Safety Working Group with key stakeholders
- creating more flagged beach swimming areas to reduce crowds
- increasing cleansing of public places
- deploying rangers, lifeguards and Beach Safety Teams for encourage social distancing and restrict crowd gathering
- undertaking an ongoing review of parking restrictions
- installing onsite signage and providing lifeguard announcements
- providing regular updates to our website and other digital and social channels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let us know what you think
At its meeting on 29
September, Council resolved to place the Summer Action Plan on public exhibition. We are keen to hear your thoughts.
Share your feedback today:
- Complete the submission form below.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write to us marked 'Summer Action Plan' to Northern Beaches Council PO Box 82 Manly NSW 1655.
Have questions or want to learn more about a project, contact us below:
|Name||Mark Jones - Executive Manager Strategy & Performance|
|Phone||1300 434 434|