A report went to Council on Tuesday 26 May presenting the outcomes of the public exhibition of the draft Voluntary Planning Agreement for 31 Bellara Avenue and 66 Powderworks Road, North Narrabeen.
The report sought Council's agreement to provide delegation to the Chief Executive Officer to execute the Voluntary Planning Agreement.
- View the Council Report (Item 12.1)
- View Attachment 1 - Response to Submissions Table
- View Attachment 2 - Amended Voluntary Planning Agreement
At the meeting, Council resolved to note the outcomes of the public exhibition of the draft Voluntary Planning Agreement and to:
- Agree to enter into the Voluntary Planning Agreement subject to the Land and Environment Court granting development consent to DA2018/1335.
- Delegate authority to the Chief Executive Officer to execute all necessary documentation to give effect to this resolution.
- Advise all submitters of Council’s decision regarding the Voluntary Planning Agreement.
- Assessment of the Voluntary Planning Agreement is limited only to matters proposed by the Voluntary Planning Agreement.
- Request the applicant to consider replacement of the four trees removed with four significant native mature trees as the result of the Voluntary Planning Agreement.
Draft Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA) on exhibition
On 17 September 2019, Council received:
- an offer to enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement and
- a draft Voluntary Planning Agreement document (the “draft VPA”).
The draft VPA relates to a Development Application (DA2018/1335) that seeks approval for the consolidation and resubdivision of two lots at 31 Bellara Avenue and 66 Powderworks Road, North Narrabeen. The Development Application is the subject of Land and Environment Court proceedings.
The draft VPA seeks to construct a formalised three-point turn bay at 31 Bellara Avenue and dedicate the land containing this turn bay to Council.
At a meeting on 25 February 2020, Council resolved to publicly exhibit the draft Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA) and Explanatory Note.
Strategic and Place Planning Team
Enquiries: 1300 434 434