The bushland and biodiversity of the Northern Beaches is highly valued by our community and requires significant effort to protect and manage it for future generations.
The Bushland and Biodiversity Policy (draft) represents the first opportunity to apply a consistent direction to the management of bushland and biodiversity across the Northern Beaches. It applies to all bushland, native vegetation and natural areas outside National Parks and focuses on:
- strategic land use planning
- the assessment of developments and activities
- the management of bushland areas on public land
- the management of invasive species.
The draft policy acknowledges the ongoing challenge of balancing development with environmental protection. It also seeks to foster a more integrated
approach for Council and the community in the consideration of social issues such as bushfire risk,
companion animals, and recreational access to bushland.
At its meeting on Tuesday 22 October, Council resolved to place the Bushland and Biodiversity Policy (draft) on public exhibition for a minimum of 28 days.
Have your say
- Complete the form below
- In writing, marked 'Bushland and Biodiversity Policy (draft)', to Northern Beaches Council, PO Box 82, Manly NSW 1655
Submissions close Sunday 24 November 2019
Enquiries: Brendan Smith, Biodiversity & Planning, 1300 434 434