Amended fees adopted
Fees for the Manly residential and business parking permits were adopted at the June Council meeting as part of the 2020/21 Delivery Program and Budget (see Booklet 1).
- 1st permit issued to property - Free
- 2nd permit issued to property - $42
- 3rd permit issued to property - $110
Note: 3rd residential parking permit issued to property under extenuating circumstances (requires special approval) - $110
We are now preparing to launch the revised Manly Parking Permit Scheme Frameworkwhich will apply to eligible residents, businesses and local community groups in the Manly area.
Visit the Manly Parking Permit Scheme page for further information.
Council publicly exhibited proposed amendments to the 2019/20 fees and charges for Manly parking permits from 15 January to 12 February 2020.
962 submissions were received. Key findings of the engagement indicated that many residents felt:
- overall costs of permits to residents were too high
- the first permit should be free
- residents with no off-street parking should be entitled to free permits
- seniors and self-funded retirees should receive the proposed pensioner discount
- trailer, boat parking and motorhome parking should not be allowed on suburban streets
- divided over the inclusion/exclusion of business parking permits
- more rangers are needed in the area to enforce rules.
The Annual Fees and Charges 2019/20 (adopted June 2019) included a schedule of fees for the new Manly Parking Permit Scheme which would apply when the scheme came into effect.
Revisions were made to the fees and charges in response to community feedback, including some additions and amendments to introduce the specified fees for the Residential Parking Permits, Business Parking Permits, Car Share Parking Permits, Support Worker Parking Permits, Multi-use Parking Permits and Special Issue Parking Permit for the “Not for Profit” Organisations. Fees for replacement of lost and damaged permits would also apply.
Amendments also included the removal of redundant fees from the fees and charges.
On 17 December 2019 a report went to Council presenting the results of the community engagement and seeking adoption of the Manly Parking Permit Scheme Framework.
The report also recommended that the amended fees for the Parking Permit Scheme for Manly be placed on exhibition for minimum of 28 days and be reported back to Council with any submissions.
Timeline item 1 - complete
Draft 2020/21 Delivery Program and Budget presented at Council to endorse for exhibition
Timeline item 2 - complete
Public exhibition period of the draft 2020/21 Delivery Program and Budget
Timeline item 3 - complete
2020/21 Delivery Program and Budget adopted
Timeline item 4 - active
Manly Parking Permit Scheme launch