Aerial view of the proposal
Progessed to detailed design
Minor changes to concept plan
We received 9 submissions on the proposed Park Street drainage improvements during the engagement period between 18 November and 20 December 2020. These were mainly concerned with parking and the inclusion of seating in the planter box design.
The project has now progressed to the detailed design stage.
A few minor changes will be made to the concept design in front of 18-20 Park Street including:
- extending the planter box
- adding a grated drain in front of the planter box
- kerb adjustment to suit parking requirements
- new paving to extend the existing driveway.
We are upgrading the drainage in Mona Vale to improve the capacity and efficiency of the stormwater network, and to improve traffic safety in local streets.
The improvement works include:
- the construction of a new drainage pit and pipe system in Pittwater Road, connecting to the existing system near the intersection of Park Street (west) and Pittwater Road
- widening of the footpath area in front of 18-20 Park Street, replacing the four angled parking spaces with two parallel parking spaces and the construction of a planter box along the footpath.
The works will improve traffic safety by reducing overland flow across Pittwater Road between Keenan and Bungan Streets as well as at the roundabout at the junction of Park Street and Pittwater Road.
In addition, it will significantly reduce the frequency of flooding for the properties at 18-20 Park Street by minimising the likelihood of the stormwater runoff escaping the gutter.
View the concept designs
Have questions or want to learn more about this project, contact me below:
|Name||Sadiya King, Team Leader Stormwater Design and Delivery|
|Phone||1300 434 434|