Thanks for your feedback on the proposed pedestrian and landscape improvements at Mona Vale Beach.
The proposal includes:
- grassed seating terrace overlooking the beach
- sandstone block edging and seating
- mulch rings and new deco granite to protect the Norfolk Pines root system
- new dune protection fencing
- the reinstatement of bench seating and picnic tables (3 bench seats and 2 picnic tables).
Feedback received was largely positive with 72 percent of those who answered the direct sentiment question indicating that they supported the proposal.
You can read the detailed findings including a table of the verbaitm comments received in the Community and Stakeholder Engagement Report.
Once complete, the upgrades will provide a more cohesive visitor experience safely linking pedestrians and bike path users between local cafe's, Apex Park, Mona Vale SLSC, amenities and lifeguard buildings.
The path will also provide an important connection as part of our iconic Northern Beaches Coast Walk that will stretch from Manly to Palm Beach.
Works have commenced on Mona Vale Pedestrian and landscape improvements. The works have been timed to coincide with the completion of the Mona Vale SLSC upgrade.
Check out how it will look
We have prepared some before and after shots for your review. Click your mouse on the pointer to drag the slider from left to right.