View the plan
Storage solution on the horizon
We have been working with the North Avalon Surfriders Association to find a storage solution for their equipment.
The proposal to extend the existing amenities building at the north end of Avalon Beach was considered and a concept plan is now available for comment.
The storage space use will be limited to the organisation's general storage needs, including equipment for its monthly competitions and regional events. Stored items will include: surf boards, marquee, tents, flags, tables, BBQ and First Aid equipment and a trailer.
- roofline and height aligned with existing amenities building
- exterior colour aligned with existing amenities and blend with surrounds
- size - approximately 27 sq. metres (comparative to < double garage)
- walls and roof insulated to control sound and heat
- ventilation panels on the north end of the building
- roofing finished in Colorbond®
- roller door
- existing mural on the northern wall will be reinstated following storage extension.
Tell us what you think
Share your feedback today by:
- completing the comment form at the bottom of this page
- emailing us at email@example.com
- writing to us marked 'North Avalon Surfriders Association storage shed' Northern Beaches Council, PO Box 82 Manly NSW 1655.
A need for storage
The active club (North Avalon Surfriders Association), which operates from the carpark at the north end of the beach has a trailer with all its equipment but this is not sufficient for their storage needs.
As the trailer is primarily stored off-site, logistical issues are often encountered as the trailer is not available onsite when needed, and often requires relocating from where it's stored.
To remedy this problem, the club approached us with a proposal to build an addition to the existing beach amenities, extending the building to the north to provide storage for their equipment.
Frequently asked questions
Timeline item 1 - active
Mar-May - Seek feedback on concept
Timeline item 2 - incomplete
May-Jun 2021 - Review comments, amend plan if required, confirm funding
Timeline item 3 - incomplete
Late 2021/Early 2022 - Construction