Council’s 2017 Northern Beaches Sportsgrounds Strategy includes a 15 year plan for developing sportsgrounds and facilities so community needs for more fields and new and improved facilities are met.
Key strategic priorities include:
- Upgrading existing sportsfield lighting to required standards, ensuring a consistent quality of lighting across all sportsgrounds.
- Provision of new lighting on sportsfields without lights, to increase the hours fields are available for sport.
Council has begun implementing the Strategy and in 2017/18 is planning the following improvements.
- Upgrade sportsground lighting, to Australian Standards, at the following locations:
- LM Graham Reserve sportsground, North Manly.
- North Narrabeen Reserve fields 3 and 4, North Narrabeen.
- Old Reub Hudson sportsfield, John Fisher Park, Curl Curl.
- St Matthews Farm sportsground, Cromer.
- Dee Why Oval field 1, Dee Why.
- Install new lighting at Tristram Reserve sportsground, Beacon Hill.
We are seeking feedback on the Tristram Reserve proposal, as it is a new scheme.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions on this webpage for further information.
3 February 2018
Notification of lighting upgrades and Stage 1 Engagement on Tristram Reserve commences
17 February 2018
Drop in Session - Tristram Reserve, Beacon Hill - 12 noon to 2pm
25 March 2018
Comments on Tristram Reserve Lighting close