Report to Council 22 October 2019
A report was considered at Council on Tuesday 22 October which recommended that the amendments to the Pittwater Development Control Plan 2014 related to water quality management, on-site stormwater detention systems, driveways, and which update controls for estuarine and coastal risk management assessment of new development be adopted.
Please note that the proposed Development Control Plan amendments relating to Part B5 Water Management are incorporated into a new draft Water Management for Development Policy which is being separately reported to Council.
The Council meeting will be held at Dee Why Council Chambers, 1 Civic Drive at 6pm.
If you would like to speak at Council on this agenda items, please complete the
A comprehensive review of water management controls in existing Local Environment Plans (LEP) and Development Control Plans (DCP) will be undertaken in conjunction with the development of the Northern Beaches LEP and DCP, due to be completed in 2021.
In the interim, our Natural Environment and Climate Change team has identified the need to prioritise certain amendments to the Pittwater DCP.
In summary, the proposed amendments include -
- consolidating requirements for different development types.
- aligning stormwater quality requirements with Council’s adopted Water Management Policy.
- new water quality treatment requirements for land located in “coastal environment areas” identified under State Environmental Planning Policy (Coastal Management) 2018.
- removal of requirements for sediment control pits for dwelling houses (given their failure to be maintained).
- removal of on-site detention requirements in defined Flood Risk Precincts.
- updating a range of terms and references to reflect recent changes to legislation.
Exhibition of draft amendments to Pittwater DCP 2014 - water quality management and stormwater detention controls
At a meeting on 16 April 2019, Council considered amendments to Pittwater Development Control Plan 2014 (DCP) in relation to Water Quality Management and Stormwater Detention Controls.
The purpose of the amendments are to improve and standardise requirements for:
- water quality management
- on-site stormwater detention systems
- estuarine and coastal risk management
Make a submission
- Online (form closed)
- in writing - marked 'Pittwater DCP amendments' to Northern Beaches Council PO Box 82 Manly NSW 1655
Submissions close Sunday 2 June 2019