Planning Proposal endorsed at Council
At a meeting on Tuesday 28 April 2020, Council endorsed the recommendation of the Independent Public Hearing Report prepared by Parkland Planners on the Reclassification of the Oliver Street and Lawrence Street Carparks, Freshwater.
Council resolved to -
- submit the Planning Proposal to the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment to finalise the amendment of the Warringah Local Environmental Plan 2011 to reclassify Council owned land parcels in Oliver Street and Lawrence Street carparks, Freshwater, from ‘Community’ to ‘Operational Land’
- to rezone the carparks from RE1 Public Recreation to SP2 Infrastructure (Carpark)
- to adopt a three metre maximum building height control over the land.
Public Hearing Report available
A Public Hearing for the reclassification of Community Land at Oliver Street and Lawrence Street Carparks, Freshwater, was held:
- Wednesday 26 February 2020, from 6 to 8pm at Harbord Literary Institute, Lawrence Street Freshwater.
The Public Hearing was Chaired by Sandy Hoy of Parkland Planners.
Councils must hold a public hearing when reclassifying public land from community to operational under Schedule 1, Part 1, Division 1, clause 4 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and Chapter 6, Part 2, Division 1, Section29 of the Local Government Act 1993.
Public Hearings give the community an opportunity to expand on written submissions and discuss issues with an independent person in a public forum.
Parkland Planners submitted the Public Hearing Report to Council on 24 March 2020.
Copies of the Public Hearing Report are available at Manly and Warringah Mall Libraries.
Planning Proposal on exhibition
Following receipt of a Gateway Determination, the Planning Proposal to reclassify and rezone Oliver and Lawrence Street carparks is on public exhibition.
There will also be a public hearing associated with this Planning Proposal in March 2020 which will be advertised in the Manly Daily and detailed on this page.
At a meeting on 27 November 2018, Council resolved to -
A. submit a Planning Proposal to the Department of Planning and Environment for a Gateway determination to
- reclassify Oliver Street carpark and Lawrence Street carpark in Freshwater Village from Community Land to Operational Land under the Local Government Act 1993
- rezone the carparks from RE1 – Public Recreation to SP2 – Infrastructure (carpark), and
- adopt a 3 metre maximum building height control for the land.
B. to continue to utilise the land as a carpark in its present form.
View Attachment Booklet 6 -
Attachment 1 - Planning Proposal
Attachment 2 - Submission Report
Attachment 3 - Proposed Reclassification
Attachment 4 - Minutes of Northern Beaches Local Planning Panel meeting