St David Ave Park
View construction update below
Works have now resumed onsite following the two week construction lockdown which temporarily paused upgrade works onsite.
What works have been completed so far?
- demolition and clearing of site
- installation of underground electrical and drainage services
- construction of sandstone walls and kerbs
- installation of granite paving on the stairs
- installation of paving behind the bus stop
- return of bus stop seating area
What works are planned next?
- installation of paving along St David Avenue frontage
- construction of timber decking area
- planting of new trees and plant species
- construction of accessible ramp
- installation of lighting and artwork
Timing of works
Completion of works is expected for October 2021. Works will be carried out Mon – Fri between 7am -5pm.
What do I need to know?
The public amenities building will be temporarily closed during construction. Alternate facilities can be found at Walter Gors Park, Howard Avenue.
Pedestrian diversions will be in place as required and access to the B-Line bus stop will remain open at all times.
We look forward to providing our community with an improved space that connects seamlessly with the B-Line bus stop and surroundings.
The Dee Why Town Centre Masterplan recommended upgrades to the streets and public open spaces of Dee Why Town Centre in a way that integrates community assets, offers inspiration, promotes health, happiness and well-being of the community and integrates public art elements.
The intention is to build a Town Centre that has a community and a cultural focus. Public art, and features that highlight the area’s diverse community, are recommended to celebrate the spirit of Dee Why. This objective is consistent with Warringah’s Community Strategic Plan.